<VV> SELECTOR SHIFTER SHAFT SEAL

Bruce Schug bwschug@charter.net
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:59:26 -0400

On Aug 19, 2004, at 8:17 AM, Duane, Jim wrote:

*SNIP*

> 	That being done, the selector shaft seals (at least the ones I
> have bought from Clark's) are difficult to seat.  They must be driven
> on
> straight or the steel will deform (I use an appropriately sized socket
> 1/2", slid on backwards and drive with a rawhide hammer.)

*SNIP*

Right. And clean the bore throughly with lacquer thinner or similar,
being sure there are no burrs, and put just a bit of high-temp silicone
on the outside of the seal before inserting it. Install carefully and
remember... "Put it together like a watch and it'll last forever":
Bruce Schug.

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
CORSA South Carolina