<VV> [fastvair] Re: Poll the FV Members

Levair@aol.com Levair@aol.com
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 23:06:16 EDT

In a message dated 8/19/04 10:54:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Levair writes:

<<
 In a message dated 8/19/04 9:21:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bryan@skiblack.com writes:

 << As soon as the red (not parts) Corsa is running and will pass tech,
  I'll be at an event.  If that somehow doesn't happen by mid-next year,
  I'll take the parts car to an NECC event again. >>

 And where do you think that will be?
   The simple answer is, that if there are only 20 possible entrants, then
the events will have to afford that amount of entries. You will never convince
people to do any activity that they aren't inclined to do---no matter what the
activity---even if you bring it to their doorstep. We've, tried the door
step/back yard enticement in our autocrosses. It made no difference at all. They
just weren't going to come and it's their right and they don't owe us any
explanation. The people that want to come couldn't be held back by a  stampeeding
buffalo herd and we have great attendance..
     This means that we will have to share the events with some other club
having the same problem. The BMW club at Putnam Park was thrilled to have our
twenty Corvairs so that they could make the expenses;. so was Black hawk Farms.
The expenses will not come down. Rental is typically $8000 to 10,000 and the
tracks are booked years ahead.
    Putnam Park last thurs was $350.
   Schardt's school group at Putnam last October was approx. $150 per day--a
real bargain. Gingermans sharing cost with the British Car Club is $225.
    This is just the way that is is. We have to adapt.
 Warren >>