<VV> Solid flywheel update

BEllison@bbafiberweb.com BEllison@bbafiberweb.com
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 08:26:04 -0400

It looks impossible to me, for the flywheel bolts to bottom out on the crank
gear on *THIS* solid flywheel.  I threaded the bolts in until they bottomed
out, tried to put a retaining ring under the head, and could not.  The
flywheel is thicker than the retaining ring.  Also, with the retaining under
the bolts, there was barely 1/2"-3/4" of threads showing thru the backside.
I opted to leave the retaining off, using some gasket sealer on the threads.

I had to use an "ultra" clutch, if I wanted to drive it on the economy run.
No way is the wife and 5 yr old gonna ride in the Corsa, with no baffles in
the mufflers, no a/c, no top down, in 90 degrees.

Thanks for the help guys,

Barry Ellison
Corsa SC VP
Only 2 vairs on jackstands after tonight, I hope!
Please note: This message may contain information which is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.