<VV> BELT TENSION KITS

Russell Heim chevyii@optonline.net
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 15:15:38 -0400

I have a belt tension kit in my garage, but I don't think it would work on my Corvair.  It doesn't have a long reach and it looks like it was designed for in-line or "V" engines where the belts revolve around the water-pump and "front of the engine" pulleys.

I've had the tensioner for a while but I haven't used it.  I think it came with a lot of mechanics tools I bought at a garage sale.  I'm new to Corvairs but I changed the fan belt and tightened it without a problem.  The tensioner would work on my Chevy II (straight six)or Caprice (V8).  I've changed the Chevy II fan belt (one belt, no power steering) and didn't need the tensioner.  I haven't changed belts on the Caprice yet.