<VV> I NOW HAVE A SPARE DRIVETRAIN. LONG.

J R Read_HML hmlinc@sbcglobal.net
Sat, 21 Aug 2004 03:05:53 -0500

Bruce,

I'm laughing so hard I can't stand it.

Reminds me - a bit - of the time I followed a friend home who had just
bought an 8 door.  It had sat several years and the brakes failed the first
time - on the way down the road - that he stepped on them.  No problem....
Vice grips to clamp off the failed line and continue on.

Three blocks from his house, the engine is ... basically   ON FIRE.  The wet
leaves in the lower shrouds had dried out and now became a source of fuel.
I'm honking frantically (following) for him to stop.  He finally does and
NOW it REALLY gets going..

There is a guy watering his lawn... on the OTHER side of the road.  We run
over, ask him if his hose is long enough to reach across the road and CAN WE
BORROW IT?.

Yeah, we got the fire out and I can't go past that corner anymore without
thinking about THAT one!

I laugh now, but not then.

Attachments are scanned with anti-virus software.

Later, JR
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140
'66 beater Coupe - icemobile 4/140