<VV> Eastern Rust, NO CORVAIR -reply 19 years of M vans

Stan East sgeast@interlog.com
Sun, 22 Aug 2004 20:52:42 -0400

 NicolCS@aol.com wrote

Subject: <VV> Eastern Rust, NO CORVAIR

<snip>.

How do modern, 10 year-old, cars hold up after salty winter exposure?  I'm
looking at purchasing an Astro Van circa 2000 or 2001.  I'm really skeptical
about getting anything from the Northeast, but that seems to be where the
lower
mileage vans are showing up for sale.
Any thoughts?
TIA, Craig Nicol

Craig
I have a 95 Safari (GMC Astro) with 143K km in Ontario still going strong.
Watch for rust by checking the undercarriage including the rocker panels,
the rear doors and all door seams. My old 85 Astro is still going (now owned
by a politician and Corvair owner in Oshawa ON). The 85 was sprayed with
Rust Check (special oil) in the doors and internal panels. The M Vans were
galvanized metal so they stand up well if cared for.

Stan East
95 Safari - Canadian Corvair tow vehicle