<VV> RE: VirtualVairs digest, Vol 1 #944 - 11 msgs

Dave Keillor dkeillor@ultrex.com
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:05:49 -0500

Or a bad/worn pilot bearing.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Weston [mailto:jeffrey.weston@comcast.net]
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2004 1:27 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> RE: VirtualVairs digest, Vol 1 #944 - 11 msgs

64 Monza covert -110hp - I am experiencing a shudder when starting in first
gear.  After the initial shake everything is OK.  I'm told that this may be
a worn pressure plate and/or flywheel.  Looking for opinions from those who
have more mechanical knowledge than I do.  Also, does anyone know a good and
reasonable corvair mechanic in eastern Massachusetts.