<VV> Distributor Position

David V. Clamp 66corsa@cox.net
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 07:43:38 -0400

Snip-------------------------
How does one get the distributor to turn a few degrees one way or the other
and still be able to properly set the timing? My vacuum advance connection,
where the vacuum hose connects, is right in the way of the A/C belt which
grinds the hose away in short order when I have the timing set to 14% (110).
Unsnip-----------------------

I had the same problem on my 140. I carefully pulled the distributor out
slightly, rotated it one tooth, and seated it back in place. Then I turned
the engine by hand so the shaft would drop into the oil pump slot. After
that, set the timing and tighten the nut the rest of the way.

David V Clamp
Member: Corsa
        Heart of Georgia Corvairs - Newsletter Editor, VP
        Nader's Raiders
        1966 Corsa convertible 140 +0.030/4spd 3.55 posi w/ AC
        mailto:66corsa@cox.net