<VV> Serving more than one master! Cylinder.

Eric S. Eberhard flash@vicspdi.com
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 16:58:53 -0700

And if you drive a Ford Explorer with the tire pressure too low and you get
a flat it will roll.

If you drive a mid 70s Chevy pickup and get hit on the right side it will
explode.

If you drive an old Audi it will accelerate like mad all on it's own.

And if you drive any car where the rear bearing fail and the axle falls out
you are likely to have problems beyond the brakes not working properly.

Then I could always be struck by lightning or hot by a comet.  These things
happen too.  Hopefully not to me :-)

If I want to be in the safest vehicle I'll drive my wife's Land
Cruiser.  That is safe.  And not nearly as fun as the Vairs ... so I guess
I'll just live dangerously and drive my earlies around town.  I'm too young
to stop having fun.

At 04:26 PM 8/24/2004, LonzoVair@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 8/24/2004 6:53:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>flash@vicspdi.com writes:
> >Eric:
> >If you have a rear axle problem on your '62, you have NO brakes, NO
> >down shift, and NO parking brake.  Ask around on VV and elsewhere
> >just how that feels.
> >
> >JMHO, Bill Loftin
>

>Eric,
>I'm with Bill on this one. Thats how I got my 64 700 sedan last winter for
>just $300... the rear wheel bearing came apart while the guy was
>driving... the wheel took the drum off the shoes and the axle out of the
>differential... all he could do was coast to a stop on the side of the
>road. Thank heavens he was heading up a slight incline.
>I offered to fix the car, but he wanted to sell it. I asked him if he'd
>ever noticed any noise, and he said "yeah, a little".... I had to replace
>both rear bearings after buying it... and I drove it all over the place in
>Lexington during the convention... not a bad little car, strong little
>95hp engine (had Ben Stiles with me on the way to the VV meeting and we
>were doing about 90 on I-75 from the Horse Park to exit 115.... now THAT
>was fun!)... I rarely take it over 75 MPH if I drive it on the freeway...
>I was just showing off to a buddy... thats all.
>Anyway, keep Bills words in the back of your head... it CAN happen,
>asteroid or not.
>Later,
>Lonzo
>

>Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
>CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
>Quart Low Quarterly editor
>1961 Greenbrier pg, daily driver
>1963 Greenbrier 4spd.
>1964 700 sedan 95/pg

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can leave a
message)

928-301-7537 -- you may call any time day or night, I turn it off when I
sleep :-)  Please try to use a land line first (reception often poor).

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html