<VV> Re: Seats

AeroNed@aol.com AeroNed@aol.com
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 00:12:49 EDT

The reason I replaced the seats in my last Corvair (Olds Alearo sp(?)  seats)
were for three reasons: first reason was side support for autocrossing,
second was comfort for my personal lack of padding, and third is head rests  (no
argument on the safety of head rests). I had to drill two holes to mount the
seats. These two hole were close enough to the originals that they were into
the  original doublers in the floor. In my professional engineering opinion (no
test  data), I was confident that the seat installation was as safe as the
stock seats  in terms of the floor mounts.

Ned  Madsen
1965/6 Corvair Monza/Corsa 140 (soon to have AC)
CORSA Member since  2000
Mid Continent Corvair Association -  President