<VV> GOOD GRIEF!!! CORVAIR

kaczmarek@charter.net kaczmarek@charter.net
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 19:29:20 +0000

All

Gee, All I wanted was some info on non-Corvair Seats.....Look what kind of mess it started!!!!!

Well, for the benefit of all, I will collate all of my responses and report to the group.

For the rest of the discussion, even though I am not on the talk list anymore, I think that is the place it needs to go.

on another point..... Bill is a stock purist. And bravo for him, because they are getting few and far between.

 I agree he does a great job on factory stock restored councours class restorations.

I appreciate a stock looking corvair. I truly do. As any purist will tell you, it is the incarnation of the stylists of the Bill Mitchell era at the GM Design Studio

That doesn't mean I want to drive one every day. If you drive your vair mostly to shows and events, or short grocery getter trips, the stock seats do the job nicely. OTOH, don't take a 6 hour journey in those 65 buckets....and before the LM fans speak out, don't try it on a 64 bench seat either, restored or no. You will wonder where your butt went, because you won't be able to feel it when you arrive.

Regards HANK