<VV> Borders Books Music Sampler?

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 18:46:38 -0400

Last night I stopped into my local Borders to try to find a book that's really hot right now (no luck, on
backorder) and on the way in I was stopped in my tracks by a large poster showing the dash of a '66
Corsa with AC!

Turns out it's the cover of their "road trip" music sampler CD which they give you for free with the
purchase of one of a select group of CD's.

I think I really amused the Music manager when I asked to see the CD, didn't even turn it over to see
what was on it, and asked what I had to buy to get it. (The music selections aren't bad, just not the
kind of thing I'd run out and buy.)

She asked why I wanted it... and I answered honestly "for the cover". So she gave me one! (I did
have an armfull of books for my highschooler who is taking her first serious Lit course...so it wasn't
really "free")

Any idea whose car this may be? Not that many out there!!

Sorry if someone else has already mentioned this... my email has been acting up so I might have
missed it.... but if not you might want to run out and grab one!

(I'm going to return when my book is in and try to score the poster...)

Bill Elliott
Urbana, MD