<VV> different thread humor

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 21:42:29 -0700

At 11:09 hours 08/26/2004 -0700, Ron F Hinz wrote:
>Lacquer???  That went out years ago!  Get up to date with a modern paint.
>RonH

This IS modern paint.   It's fine stuff, and like any good lacquer it's
capable of an outstanding finish and you can paint it without a NASA
"cleaanroom" quality paint booth.     It's forgiving, easy to store, easy
to mix, easy to clean up after, easy to work/polish, and ...

(drum roll)

IT DOES NOT POISON YOUR ASS AND LEAVE YOU DYING OF CANCER.

I don't care what *anybody* says, it's hard to beat the finish that lacquer
provides... and if it's clearcoated it's JUST AS DURABLE as those 500
buck/gallon space age exotic cancer causing epoxies.

I've had people give me a ration of crap about lacquer and then tell me
that they had THEIR car painted with basecoat/clearcoat...

...not being aware that up until recently many of the best
basecoat/clearcoat paints were LACQUER...

Not an effing clue.

Lacquer is not only what all Corvairs were originally painted with, it's
still worth the time and trouble because it costs ME absolutely nothing to
get it onto the car because I do it myself.   I can't get away with
painting epoxies/urethanes, but I can do lacquer all day long, safely.

It's just about all I've ever painted with.

tony..