<VV> Re: Another ebay view

GYoungwolf@aol.com GYoungwolf@aol.com
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 19:15:36 EDT

I haven't been able to read all the ebay related notes because there a just
too many, but this is in response to some in the last couple of digests. I
became a "power seller" last year simply by accident. (That means you move over a
grand or so a month, average 4 items for auction, and have excellent
feedback). I have sold (and bought) carbs and carb parts to hundreds of Corvair folks
who don't or won't have anything to do to VV or CORSA, and have been able to
"convert" many of them over to our side. It has also opened a whole new market
of dozens of buyers who don't own Corvairs, but have their engines in something
else, or who have a YH carb on a Nash, Corvette, boat, or motorhome, and
owners off the continent (I think my carbs are now on all the Corvairs in Hawaii
and Australia. I could have some in Cuba, but since that wouldn't be legal, I
might not). When it comes tax time, I simply log into ebay and paypal and with
a couple of keystrokes have all the supporting documentation on everything I
bought and sold with them (I was actually shocked at the large numbers :-).
And, I agree that not having a large overhead expense is a key element in
pricing. While ebay sales are not a make it or break it issue, they have been good to
me. I have had only two problems in many years, and I simply think it is
because I deal almost exclusively with people who like Corvairs (and the Nash).
They are almost always honest, friendly, and fair. I guess it goes with owning
one.
Thecarbmeister