<VV> BeaveRun and the Indy Caravan

Mahler, Tim TMahler@ILSOS.NET
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:17:59 -0500

--- In fastvair@yahoogroups.com, levair@a... wrote:
> meeting at the first rest stop outside
> of Indy at 9:00 AM for the trip to Beaverun PA and the yearly all Corvair (pig race) time trial.

Cool -- Get to start chasing for a tweety before the Monday time trial GG.
This Illinoisan might catch up to the Indy caravan somewhere in Ohio.  Doubt I could make Indy by 9.  Want to save my go fast experience for BeaveRun where it is considerably safer than then the interstate. Assuming you are going the straight route - I-70 to I-79.   Leaving Springfield IL at 6am if all goes well. expecting a 11-12 hour drive plus the hour time diff.
Taking the #3 Goodwrench car - to a double reunion -- At the Racers reunion, #3 will be co-driven by previous owner/driver Dan G. -- I hope to learn how to drive the car -- well, at least, how to drive it better than i do now.

After BeaveRun -- heading home then further west to Marshalltown and the Fire and Ice VI time trials the following weekend for two days of auto crossing on the kart track -- no cones!!!

Should be a great weekend -- those non-participants - -show up for a while -- either Sunday or Monday -- just be careful,  the speed bug is contagious.

tim mahler
PCCA