<VV> DID I SEND THIS AT THE WRONG TIME?

Bruce Blackmon Bruce Blackmon" <blackmon@llano.net
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 22:20:03 -0500

I still want to know, what do I have? Only got one reply from Joseph Potts,
which was very informative, but this thing has been undercoated! Where I need
to look is covered with a a bunch of tar. Any one make any sense out of these
numbers?                   To: "VIRTUAL VAIRS" <virtualvairs@corvair.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 22:06:03 -0500
Subject: <VV> WHAT HAVE I GOT HERE?

Well ,I finally recovered enough to do some looking at this DT. I got a block
number of T1206RA which works out to a 95hp, but it does have 140 heads, 4
intakes anyway. Got some numbers off the carb, but I'll ask Grant about that.
The tranny I found numbers on the side of the case and thought that was it,
but looking in "The Book" it was not. For those that have the right parts
books, these are the numbers. With tranny closest to you, the front, right
side GM1, 3859958, below that, J295. Other side, GM2, 3859954, and toward the
transaxle, in bold letters, "USE HYPOID LUBE". I will look tomorrow for the
numbers on the Boss. What's a Boss? I can turn the engine over with a wrench
on the HB nut. It is hard to turn in places, others not so bad. Hope that
means good compression. The transaxle turns very freely, and they turn
opposite of each other, no positrack, Right? Well, what ever I have, it will
be fun to tear it down, and learn from it, and rebuild what I want. I think
this has been bench run. It has a simple wire harness tied in with battery
cables and an ignition switch wired in. If I get bold, I may just hook a
battery up and see what happens. I better get it out of the van first though.
If anyone knows what those tranny numbers, let me know please.  Thanks guys.
BRUCE