<VV> Resistance wire?

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Sat, 28 Aug 2004 18:53:42 -0400

The resistance wire is BURIED in the engine-room harness at the end that
connects near the firewall. You can find both (yes, both) its ends at that
connector if you poke around (and through the crud) long enough (it's
braided red on white). Virtually impossible to find for someone who doesn't
know exactly what he's looking for.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Russ Moorhouse
Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2004 11:47 AM
To: VV
Subject: <VV> Resistance wire?

I know the turbo engines use a resistor block, but does the late model (140
HP) engines use a resistance wire to the coil or anywhere in the ignition
circuit?

I looked in my assembly manual and nothing is mentioned of it, nor could I
find it in any of the vendors catalogs.

Russ Moorhouse
'65 Corsa coupe 140 HP
Group Corvair Member