<VV> ATV Lift - Use cart or not?

ChiefTAM@aol.com ChiefTAM@aol.com
Sun, 29 Aug 2004 23:43:10 EDT

I was talking with a friend the other day about getting ready to pull the
engine out of my 69 to rebuild it.  I have everything unhooked, just the
transmission and motor mounts before the engine will come out.  I bought an  ATV
jack from Sears and am going to use it to lower the motor.   The  question is, do
I need to build the wooden cart from "Keeping your Corvair  Alive" in order
to pull the motor with the ATV lift?  We were debating  this, and maybe it
would just be better to go ahead and do it, but the ATV lift  seems wider than the
available lifts used in the 60's, certainly about the same  width as the
JXXXX "special" tool the manual keeps mentioning.  I am going  to be dropping the
motor by myself, so, do I just use the ATV lift or do I build  the cart and
put it on the lift?  Any similar experiences?   Thanks.

Todd Miller
Dallas