FW: <VV> Lifter question

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 10:06:42 -0400

Read "Find That Camshaft Timing Mark" by Bob Ballew on Page 38 of the
Engine - Mechanical section of the Tech Guide. Simple, easy check.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of
BEllison@bbafiberweb.com
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2004 9:00 AM
To: virtualvairs@skiblack.com
Subject: RE: FW: <VV> Lifter question

Several people suspected 'cam gear one tooth off', so this is along the same
lines.

I've never had a crank gear off, but I assume it's keyed, and I also assume,
it's the same key I can see where the flywheel bolts to the end of the
crank.  That one is not slipped, since it's 90 degrees to the left of the
cam key, with the cam key pointed straight down.  If it had slipped,
wouldn't the key be broken?

Please, keep asking questions - I'm confident ya'll will find it, even
though I don't know where the problem is.

And, please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Barry