<VV> Blower Bearing

BEllison@bbafiberweb.com BEllison@bbafiberweb.com
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:22:53 -0400

Could this be a sign of the belt being too tight, causing unneeded pressure,
and premature wear?  Still, it seems quick for the life of a bearing.  I
haven't been driving these things long enough to wear one out.

And to save da Chuckster the trouble ...

"That's cause you can't KEEP one running long enough!  You're not using
enough ULTRA parts !!!"

Barry Ellison
Usually able to laugh at myself.  Get frustrated with my own ignorance
occasionally though.

> You must have had a defective bearing.  I've replaced several
> but none more than once.  Mine sit for years at a time and I
> don't have any problems.  The vendors should have a lube
> tool.  I have one but haven't ever used it so I can't tell
> you how well it works.  Were you careful to push on the shaft
> to press it into the engine cover and press on the shell when
> installing in the hub?
>
> Subject: <VV> Blower Bearing
>
> I replaced my second fan bearing in two years. I drive the
> car about two
> thousand miles per year. That can't be normal. I guess
> sitting around all winter
> harms this bearing as well. Can this bearing be lubricated
Please note: This message may contain information which is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.