<VV> How do you ID a posi diff.? Proper torque for yoke bolts.

John Trischan jeightee@comcast.net
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 21:07:44 -0500

I am going to replace the diff. yoke seals in my '65 Corsa.  I looked in
the shop manual for the proper torque on the yoke attaching bolts, and
all I found was in the specifications, rear axle section, "Drive spindle
yoke nut 100 ft. lbs." I know it says nut, but is this the correct
torque, or am I missing something? Also, is there an easy way to ID a
posi diff.,  do vair posi units need the posi additive?

                                                                Thanks
in advance,

John