<VV> Traitors?

Dave Keillor dkeillor@ultrex.com
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 08:27:39 -0500

I understand where Mark is coming from on this issue of selling rare parts
to high-bucks buyers for other cars.  Although it is a free market, that
doesn't mean that I have to sell my stuff to the highest bidder.
Personally, I'd rather have it go to someone who needs it and will
appreciate it rather than get the absolute highest price.  A case in point:
I have a low-mileage '69 coupe that I purchased new.  The car is rustfree,
but is partially disassembled and needs paint.  I have three choices:

1. Finish the car.  The only problem here is that I have lots of other
projects and too little time.

2. Sell the car to someone who will finish it.  The problem here is that the
car isn't running and moving it would be somewhat of a hassle.

3. Part the car out.  This would almost certainly bring quite a bit more
money than #2 because the car is very well optioned (tele column, 140 hp,
posi, etc.), has a rust-free straight body, and a perfect interior.

However, I won't take #3 because I don't think it's right to part out a
fully documented, highly optioned, low mileage (25K), one owner '69.  Call
me stupid, but that's the way I feel.  There's more to life than money.

Dave Keillor