<VV> was 3 pistons smile, now 3k power SOLVED!

BEllison@bbafiberweb.com BEllison@bbafiberweb.com
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 11:01:22 -0400

Can you EVER eliminate the POSSIBILITY of contact (with these engines) ?  I
don't think so, but I've never measured.  Maybe the stock cam doesn't have
enough lift, but I can imagine when some of these aluminum cam gears spun on
people, a valve or two might lock in the down position, and the pistons are
still moving - something's gotta give.

With my milling the head, a rather high lift cam, potential is there - I
completely agree - gotta measure this time.

I like the looks of making a valve to cut a relief in the piston.  But HEY,
I've already got a relief there !!!  Albeit, accidentally.  Heh-heh

Barry

> While the idea that the spun crank gear could have been the
> CAUSE of the valve/piston contact makes a lot of sense, don't
> overlook the possibility that the piston/valve contact could
> have caused the crank gear to spin. Or at the very least,
> don't assume that correcting the crank gear's indexing will
> eliminate the possibility of contact. In other words, measure
> THIS time, too.
>
> Joe Potts
Please note: This message may contain information which is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.