Electric Milk Delivery Trucks Re: <VV> Traitor in our midst NO CORVAIR

FrankCB@aol.com FrankCB@aol.com
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 14:21:41 EDT

Ron,
    I hope you're kidding about this!!  We had electric milk delivery trucks
around 65 years ago when I was a kid in Long Island, NY.  I still remember the
sound they made, sort of like an electric fork lift truck.  Maybe if enough
people insist on getting milk delivered daily to their houses, electric
delivery trucks will come back into style.  Just don't hold your breath waiting for
this to happen!!
    I still remember coming out of the house in the morning in winter and
finding the frozen milk had pushed up the cardboard seal at the top of the glass
bottle so the frozen cream (it separated since this was before homogenized
milk) rose in a column.  The local cats loved it so the milk companies started
giving out metal boxes with lids to make the milk "cat proof".<GGGGGG>
    "Ah, yes. I remember it well."
    Frank "long memory" Burkhard

In a message dated 8/31/04 11:11:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time, ronh@owt.com