<VV> LED taillights

Norman C. Witte ncwitte@wittelaw.com
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:47:34 -0400

A friend and I have been toying with making some parts for converting stock
taillights on a LM to a custom LED setup.  With the design we are talking
about, there would be several options for someone who wanted LEDs for their
car.  One option would be a purely stock appearing setup.  Another would be
stock, except that the red ring around the backup light would also function
as a taillight.  Another would be that the car would have four backup
lenses, with the inner clear lens on the inside lenses functioning as backup
lights, the inner clear lens on the outside lenses functioning as amber turn
signals, and the outer red rings on all four lenses functioning as tail and
brake lights.  There are a couple other variations that might be possible.

Wiring would require very minor modifications to the taillight harness and
would appear virtually stock.

I have two questions for the group:

1.  How much interest is there in something like this?

2.  How much would people be willing to pay?  Cost is an issue at this point
but if there were enough demand that might bring it down.

Thanks,

Norm Witte