<VV> convertible top cylinder repair

John Headley robedinpurple@yahoo.com
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:56:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I've mentioned this in the past, but never asked for
help on it yet.  My convertible top cylinders and
possibly the lines are leaking bad.  PO replaced said
items and pump from Clark's by the look of things.  He
said the car has sat for a couple years.  I think the
o-rings dried out.  Has anyone either repaired these
cylinders or had them repaired?  They work fine and it
seems like an incredible waste to replace them because
of a leak.  What kind of business would I look for to
find someone to take this on?

On another note, I got to go to the DACC homecoming
this weekend.  Found a working radio for my ride (AM
tunes!).  Found an ashtray receiver and a 64 backup
lens to finish my replacement pair for the non-64's on
there.  Saw a TON of vairs and had a good time.  Too
bad I was chicken and didn't drive, it didn't rain the
whole time I was there.

John Headley
64 monza convert
Royal Oak, MI