<VV> Creeper crap

Larry Forman Larry@Forman.net
Wed, 01 Dec 2004 19:55:44 -0800

At 09:56 PM 12/1/2004 -0500, Clark Hartzel wrote:
>I have thrown away every creeper I ever had as they
>were all junk!  My latest purchase was a 6-wheel creeper from Harbor
>Freight.  If any of you were thinking that one of these would make a good
>Christmas present, DON'T!!!!  Every time you use it the wheels loosen up and
>eventually fall off.  It is impossible to tighten the nut that hold the
>wheels to the frame as the stud keeps turning.  Tonight I spent 3 hours
>making and welding pads on the creeper frame to accept "real casters".  It
>is like putting perfume on a pig!  Has anybody bought a creeper lately that
>worked right and you were happy with?  What brand is it?
>Clark "creepy" Hartzel

Hi Clark,
I REALLY want to see the answer to this question of a GOOD creeper.  I had
the exact same experience with the creeper and it is now garbage, but maybe
I will do welding on mine also.  Too bad you need to remake what should
have been designed properly in the first place.  The stool/seat with
tool/parts storage below it is even worse!  Not only does three wheels
versus four make for a dangerous situation, but the flimsy plastic they use
for the tool tray breaks when you look at it crosswise.  Pure junk
also.  Looks a LOT better on the box than it really works.
-- Larry