<VV> Stupid media....No Corvair: was History Channel

BEllison@bbafiberweb.com BEllison@bbafiberweb.com
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 11:03:58 -0500

Back in 19 hunnert, n 99...saw a reporter on the news describing the pending
disaster concerning September 9, 1999, 9:00am...., i.e. 9999 - the
international code to tell all computers to stop processing.

I was just hoping noone believed that idiot.

I remember looking up in 1/1/2000 12:05am...and realizing we still had
power, and all was well.  Said out loud to friends..."We programmers did
pretty good, huh?"

Barry Ellison
Powerbuilder/Oracle Senior Programmer