<VV> Looking for a part for my convertible

John Headley robedinpurple@yahoo.com
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 19:14:17 -0800 (PST)

Hoping someone out there is parting an early convert.
My 64 monza convertible is missing many heater parts.
I've been slowly acquiring them in hopes of
rejuvenating my heat system (the p.o. obviously placed
no value on it).

One part I have been unable to locate and doesn't seem
to be reproduced by our vendors.  There is a plastic
outlet piece that comes from the firewall behind the
rear seat.  An oval hose mates to it and this goes
down to a plastic distribution duct under the rear
seat (which goes to the floor vents and the rocker
hoses).  I have located the passenger side version of
this plastic outlet piece and oval hose that go behind
the rear seat, but haven't found a driver side piece.
I have the pieces for under the seat.  Anyone out
there parting a car that has this part?  I'd actually
take a full set if available, since the passenger side
one is cracked at the bolt holes, but I think I might
be able to repair it.  I see C's has the oval hose,
but not the mating piece to the firewall, and they are
out of stock on used.

-John Headley
64 monza convert
Royal Oak, MI