<VV> SNIMTA_SPAM Re

Dave Morris BigD@DaveMorris.com
Fri, 03 Dec 2004 12:49:51 -0600

I was once cited for a "junk vehicle" that was parked in my driveway in the
back of the house, not on blocks, and invisible unless you drove down the
alley and looked into my driveway.  But the inspection Nazis were
nonetheless vicious about it because it was all rusty and old looking.

What I did was study the city ordinance carefully, then I moved the vehicle
forward a couple of feet, then wrapped the entire thing in black
plastic.  When I was called in to court, I asked them to prove that what
was underneath the black plastic was:

a. the same junk vehicle they had previously cited and photographed
b. a vehicle that qualified as "junk" according to the legal definition
c. a vehicle at all

I threw in a few other zingers I had seen on Perry Mason.  I asked the
inspector if she could identify the defendant in court, and she could
not.  I also asked her who signed the certified mail citation (my young
son) and whether a minor's signature guaranteed that the defendant had even
seen the citation.

I was acquitted.

You actually CAN fight city hall.  They are so used to doing things a
certain way, the secret is to catch them totally off-guard.

Dave Morris