<VV> Engine rear housing

Daniel Monasterio dmonasterio@megared.net.mx
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 13:35:25 -0600

     Group,

     I have readed on all Corvair books enough information on how the rear
housing (or oil distributor) works, addition of high volume oil pumps,
cleaning and enlarging of the passageways, etc. but, don't remember a word
about the oil pump housing wear nor on bypass valve replacement.
     Several of my ULTRA spare rear housings show some wearing (like brushing)
on the "8" shaped area but, don't know how to determine if they still usable
or not. On most other engines (non Corvair) there is an oil pump assembly
(housing & gears) to replace but, on Corvairs, when talking about new oil
pumps it means gears only. What about the wear on the "8" shaped area ?
     About bypass valve(s), is there an easy way to replace it (them) ?

     As always, thanks a lot for any response

     Daniel Monasterio (trying to learn some more from the experts)

     67, Corsareized Cpe. (El Andariego)
     62, Customized Rampside (daily work horse)