<VV> RE: Carl Sagan's 64 Spyder Convertible

mopar@jbcs2.net mopar@jbcs2.net
Tue, 7 Dec 2004 15:20:54 -0500

First and foremost, note it is a Spyder Convertible, and if I am not
mistaken this is the most valuable of the Corvairs. And I also beleive a
"record" price was paid for one at the Carlisle convention, somewhere
around $18,000 for a Senior division car?

That said, I would also point out I know Dennis Dirogi the owner of the
Sagan car. Though I have not seen it, if he says it is rough it is rough.
But, Dennis is more than capable of restoring this to the top of the senior
division status. He currently owns a 63 Rampside which has been best of
show in Concours at the last 2 Four Clubs events, Scoring 99 points. Though
I am not a CORSA certified judge, I had the pleasure of being involved in
the judging of this Rampside in 2003, Stan East and Jim Diell which are
certified, were involved in judging.
I've seen pictures of this Rampside, and it was a project which was not for
the faint of heart. This may end up being in my opinion the best scoring FC
around once it goes through Concours in 2006 in Buffalo.

So, what is a top senior Spyder Convertible worth?
Regardless if it is a celebrity car or not...........

Gary Swiatowy