<VV> State Inspection Wars

WadeHalsey HiHal@adelphia.net
Wed, 08 Dec 2004 12:25:41 -0500

Tony Underwood wrote:

>Trouble is, I can relate some of the nonsense I pulled in the '60s and '70s
>and nobody believes it...

I graduated from high school in '56. One of the local guys went to work
in Detroit for the summer and came home with a '51 Chevy in primer that
he paid $50 for. There was no way it would pass state inspection so the
guy came up with the perfect solution----he went to the wrecking yard
and bought a 51 Chevy windshield with a recent sticker on it and swapped
windshields! A couple weeks later he took off for Florida in it and
broke down along the way. He pushed the car off the road, took off his
license tag, and hitchhiked on to Florida.

Wade Halsey