<VV> Hemmings Disses Corvair!!!!

ChiefTAM@aol.com ChiefTAM@aol.com
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 14:56:53 EST

In a message dated 12/8/2004 12:50:18 PM Central Standard Time,
tjs1201@sbcglobal.net writes:

I don't  have a spare belt stashed in any of my other
vehicles.
My question is, how many if your other vehicles are air cooled?

While I agree that the Corvair arrangement isn't the best, there  were many,
many Corvairs that ran an awful long time without having fan belt  problems.
I don't remember having any on my Dad's 69 in the 60,000 miles  that he had
the car, and I haven't had any since I got back into the  things.  I do remember
having a 78 F#*d F150 that I carried a belt for,  cause I kept losing it, and
my 68 Z28 would toss a belt (albeit at about 8000  rpm!).

Todd M.
Dallas TX