<VV> Hemmings Disses Corvair!!!!

corvairs lonwall@corvairunderground.com
Wed, 08 Dec 2004 13:57:38 -0800

Could the belt arrangement have been simpler? In short no - not if the
engineers were to accomplish what had to be done at the time. So is the
system problematic? Not really, otherwise how do you explain the
billions of trouble free miles these vehicles have been driven? They do
not require special belts etc etc etc.  You simply have to have an
actual Corvair fan belt (many brands will work), make sure the pulleys
are the correct diameter and not bent and not tighten the belt too
tight. Yes we sell tension kits, but they are mostly used in dunebuggies
and racecars where extreme things happen to thebelts.

Do you suppose the same writer makes a snotty comment about how
ridiculous it is to change the spark plugs in a 1964 Mustang when one
sells at auction? I doubt it.                Lon

www.corvairunderground.com