<VV> Hemmings Disses Corvair..another thought

John Miller jncmiller@mchsi.com
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 16:49:19 -0600

 Personally I think the fan belt situation on the Corvair is fine. The only
problems I have ever had were caused by my own inattention and stupidity.
Considering serpentine belts on all current cars....it could be considered
just another Corvair innovation .  I am  reasonably sure when the wheel was
invented it wasn't pneumatic.....
  And after changing the belt on my wife's Pontiac (a job which required
unbolting the motor mount and jacking up the engine). I am not so sure anyone
has come up with a better idea since.

                                            John Miller
                                            Iowa

Page 63 of the January 2005 Hemmings, in an article about "The Auction at
Hershey," reports on a 1964 Corvair convertible with the comment; "But how
come Chevy engineers never did anyting with that goofy fan belt arrangement?"

Bill Stanley
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.