<VV> Not funny humor

slmizel@juno.com slmizel@juno.com
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 20:47:32 GMT

The sun was shining this morning, so I decided to drive the Scalded Cat ('65 Corsa Vert 140/4)...it was a beautiful ride (kept the top up, though -- only 50 degrees).  What a joy to run a well-tuned Vair!  Anyway, I am at my meeting (I am the chairman, so I am actually leading the meeting) when a fella pokes his head into the meeting room and asks if anyone in here owns the Corvair in the parking lot.  I raise my hand and proudly claim it, when his face drops and he says he has bad news!  Someone rammed it!  Of course a thousand questions are running through my head...front? Back?  Side?  How bad?  Was it on the rusty spot I wanted to repair anyway? I didn't hear a collision...then he smiles and says "Just kidding!"  Turns out he was the pastor at the church where we were holding our meeting...and collects older pony cars.  I gave everyone a recess for a couple minutes and walked out with him to the car.  He was very complimentary...but I let him know he wasn't as funny as he thought he was!

Steve Mizel, St. Louis
Show Me CC / CORSA
65 Corsa Vert 140/4 (not hit or dented)

Juno Gift Certificates
Give the gift of Internet access this holiday season.
http://www.juno.com/give