<VV> 'shift kits'

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 10:33:36 -0500

The Clarks catalog has always claimed that the Corsa shifters were quicker and that's been my understanding all along as well, but when I brought this up
about this time last year I was informed that the Corsa shifters have exactly the same throw as the standard shifter.

However, in my limited experience in fitting quick shift kits, I've always found that the Corsa shifter "felt" shorter and was harder to adjust. (In fact my wife
will not drive my Corsa so equipped because of the occasional ifficulty in finding reverse.)

The real "trick" is fitting a 3 speed shifter which (again) I understand DOES have a shorter throw. I have no idea how to readily identify them.

Bill Elliott