<VV> 'shift kits'

Rick Loving ral1963@earthlink.net
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 13:34:17 -0500

I'll agree with Bill's wife....

I drove Bill's Corsa one year at the Ice races and at one point I spun
out (damn posi) and tried to back up back onto the track.  I sat for
what felt like forever trying to find reverse in that car.  I finally
got fed up , threw it into 1st and ripped off a big 180 and kept it
going.

That shift has to be the tightest, shortest, throw Corvair shifter I
have ever driven.  It felt like a modern top loader, tight and crisp.

Rick Loving

Subject: Re: <VV> 'shift kits'

<SNIP>

 (In fact my wife
will not drive my Corsa so equipped because of the occasional ifficulty
in finding reverse.)

The real "trick" is fitting a 3 speed shifter which (again) I understand
DOES have a shorter throw. I have no idea how to readily identify them.

Bill Elliott