<VV> Was: More thanks/More questions, Now: ebay $19k 66 'vert (long)

ChiefTAM@aol.com ChiefTAM@aol.com
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 14:36:57 EST

I agree with all the comments on rareness and how it really  relates to what
your definition of "IS" is.  Lon has come up with a number  of around 300 '66
Turbo Convertibles, although there were many more '66 Corsa  Convertibles and
many, many more '66 Corvair Convertibles.  Dick Shank  reminded me that there
were 521 '69 Convertibles built, (only one model,  more options) making it a
very rare or low build number "model", and  several others have mentioned how
people refer to rarity in the number of cars  built in a certain color or with
certain options.  It is all relative to  what you want to make your facts
sound like, how good a story teller you are,  and of what value that rarity is to
you or someone else.

Now, if we want to talk about rare, the car I learned to drive in, my Dad's
69 Monza Convertible in LeMans Blue with a 140hp, 3-speed......only one or two
 built that way from what I could determine!

Todd
Texas