<VV> Headrests and Shoulder Seatbelts for an Early

Alan Smith agarrettsmith@hotmail.com
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 22:56:39 +0000

As a condition to my recent purchase of a 63 convertible, I promised my
wife that I would add seats with headrests in the front as well as shoulder
seat belts.

I learned that the late Corvairs had a head rest option.  Would a late seat
w/headrests fit a 63? If so, that would seem like a relatively easy way to
address the head rest problem. Any idea how much a late seat with headrest
might cost?  Alternatively, is anyone aware of seats with headrests from
other cars that can be used in a 63 without too much modification?

Has anyone had any luck adding should seat belts to early convertibles?  I
want to be certain that the seat belt is properly anchored and effective and
I am not certain how to go about it.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Alan Smith
Oakland, CA