<VV> overheating problem

JVHRoberts@aol.com JVHRoberts@aol.com
Sat, 11 Dec 2004 16:47:11 EST

Have you checked your ignition advance? If it's really retarded, it'll
overheat quickly.
Anyone else have any ideas?

John

In a message dated 12/11/2004 11:08:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Bonnzz@aol.com writes:
Greetings all,
I'm attempting to get my 66 140 Corsa with 4 bbl street worthy. It has sat
for several years.
I drove it for the first time to the gas station and back....about a 15 mile
trek. When I turned it off it was making a boiling sound (like driving
through
a puddle and water gets on a hot muffler) I crawled underneath and it sounded
like the oil was boiling in the oil pan. The temp light did come on briefly
as I slowed down to make a turn off the highway. I will be removing the top
shroud to see if any rags or debris is inside. My question is.......is there
anything else that can cause this?? The fan and  bearing is intact as is the
idler
bearing. I removed the heater houses and blocked off the openings with tin.
The shrouds are intact and both damper doors have been removed. I installed
new
o rings and exhaust packings and new dual exhaust pipes and mufflers. I am
running all new Pertronics 2 ingnition system from the Source....Holley 390
from
the Carbmiester...
Also a new rebuilt fuel pump from one of the vendors.....The oil did seem to
have a gas smell to it...Could it be leaking gas into the oil and that was
what was boiling?? I have put a lot of money into this car and have only
driven
it about 20 miles. Any help will be
appreciated.......................................Mark Kinnan
Bonnzz@aol.com
                                                             Venus , Fl