<VV> Accurate numbers?

Bigwave Dave thebigwave@comcast.net
Sun, 12 Dec 2004 16:07:57 -0800

Thanks for pointing out the error in the introductory paragraph for the last
set of data. I triple checked all the data and then I wrote the introductory
paragraph months later. Too bad I didn't think to recheck the Corsa production
numbers since it is printed in the Corvair decade.This number actually doesn't
need any calculating, I just copied the wrong number. I'll correct it in my
article and post this correction. If you care to add all the Corsa numbers up
in the data set in question you will find that they indeed add up to 39,116.
    I did this article for fun, and did spend some time triple checking the
math for errors, but I'd hate to have everyone think it is inaccurate because
I copied down one number wrong for the last introduction paragraph. Others
have emailed me with a car that I miss labeled in the list which I will be
happy to correct, but yours is the only one that was posted to the forum
questioning the accuracy of all the data because of one miscopied number in
the introductory paragraph. This number was not even part of the data
regarding rarity. I also find it amusing that the first number you checked was
the 65th set of number listed toward the end of the article. Did the first 64
sets of numbers looked good, and it wasn't till the 65th set of numbers, that
something impelled you to check this number and this number only? Please feel
free to check other numbers for accuracy. I freely admit that I am human and
can make mistakes. I feel that my numbers for any estimates listed are pretty
accurate since I triple checked them, but who knows, I may have missed
something three times. I should have had someone proof read the numbers but I
couldn't find anyone obsessive enough to recheck my math.
    I have a copy of your book and greatly respect your knowledge of Corvairs,
but I'm sure your book is not error free, and you would not appreciate it if
someone posted to an open forum that because of one mistake, everything else
you have written is suspect.

Regards
Bigwave