<VV> Rarity of various Corvairs!!!! very long

Bigwave Dave thebigwave@comcast.net
Sun, 12 Dec 2004 16:46:30 -0800

Hi Rob
I don't have Dave Newell's data on how many 140 engines were produced in
1967.   A figure of around 100 sounds right. I'll email Dave N. to see if
this is correct. I'm sure that this engine would have be available in any
1967 Model, so that would mean it could be in any of 5 different models.
Much to many to accurately determine how many in each model. Regardless it
would be a very low number.
    Regarding Yenkos in 1967, my information has 100 Stingers built for 1966
and 25 Stingers built in 1967. I have cut and pasted a short blurb form my
Yenko section below.

*1967 Yenkos were equipped with 140hp engines after GM discontinued them as
a RPO. Although later available as a Special order option, few 67 were
equipped with a 140. YS-117's original engine code is an RM. It is a special
block, though, because it has a plugged hole for an FC/Wagon filler, since
the 67 140s were technically "replacement engines"

Regards

Bigwave Dave T.