<VV> Rarity of various Corvairs!!!! very long

Bigwave Dave thebigwave@comcast.net
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 08:45:49 -0800

Looks like there should be a category for specialty cars in the list of rare
Corvairs. I noticed that according to the published Chevrolet buyers guide
that the two most desirable late model Corvairs were the Yenko Stinger and
the Fitch Sprint convertible. Third on the list is the 1969 Convertible. No
doubt the first two selections were chosen for performance considerations
and rarity. The 1969 Convertible was likely chosen for its rarity and its
distinction as the last Corvairs made. Similarly the two most desirable
early Corvairs listed in the Chevrolet buyers guide are the 1962-64 Sprint
Convertible and the 1964 Spyder Convertible. Again a combination of rarity
and performance. There is no mention of specialty one off vehicles such as
Doug Roes car, Lost Cause, or GM show cars that have surfaced, but obviously
they would command a high price if the right buyer was found.
    Now I don't necessarily agree with the buyers guide in regards to some
of the placements in the order of desirably, but I am a Corvair guy and this
book is geared to the general automotive public and car investor. So to the
general public the Corvairs listed as most desirable are the cars to get. I
have listed the link to the Corvair section of the Chevrolet Buyers guide.
Check it out and you will see what I mean.

http://www.vex.net/~guru/corvair/icbg/icbg.htm

Regards
Bigwave Dave T.