<VV> What plugs for my 140?

RoboMan91324@aol.com RoboMan91324@aol.com
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:00:05 EST

Hi Bill,

I agree that sometimes the "better" and more expensive model of something
isn't necessarily better and is sometimes worse.  However, I am curious as to why
in this case.  Can you tell us how Bosch markets the platinum plugs as worth
the additional price, what the symptoms of the inferior performance are that
you have experienced and what you think may be the cause of these symptoms?  Is
it an idiosyncrasy of the Corvair that contributes to this issue while other
cars actually benefit from the platinum plug?  I think that Bosch is a fairly
respectable outfit and am surprised that they would market a clearly inferior
product for more money.

Please note that I am not questioning your conclusions.  Inquiring minds want
to know.

Doc
~~~~~~~~