<VV> Re: VV: Clarks Hyper pistons

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 12:03:40 -0800

At 10:36 hours 12/16/2004 -0500, you wrote:

>In a message dated 12/16/04 12:59:18 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>tonyu@roava.net writes:
>
><< Perhaps not.
>
> I  myself have no history with the KB pistons but I've known others who
> have.    And many aren't Vair people.    >>
>
>*****I should add that the Corvair vendor for these pistons treated me quite
>fairly. My only complaint is with KB itself.
>Warren

Agreed.   One vendor in particular is quite good at taking care of his
customers and providing feedback etc.    It's *he* who ends up taking the
hit when something he sells fails.   Even if it wasn't his fault, he
catches the heat for it... and when the manufacturer insists it's "not
their fault" and won't make good on the product, it's he who has to eat it.

Follow the paper trail back to the end user:

He's sitting there with his engine in pieces, possibly with other damage
resulting from the failure of the part in question.  Money out of his
pocket for whatever expenses he incurred related to the failure, money out
of the vendor's pocket if he had to eat the part, and a hint of a bad rap
on the vendor who certainly didn't deserve it just because the part
happened to come through him.    The manufacturer also gets a bit of a bad
rap in their ongoing commentary of how none of the failures are their
fault, always the fault of the end user...  who just might take it
personally particularly when that end user knows how to assemble an engine.

Seems that maybe it might be a good idea for Marketing, Customer Service,
and Technical to improve communications between their offices at KB... if
this hasn't happened already.

tony..