<VV> Re: RED IS RED!

N2VZD@aol.com N2VZD@aol.com
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 06:02:09 EST

i had the school shop paint my lakewood a bright red from 90's chevy truck,
very close to the original 61 red dash..but they also put a clear coat pearl
with a slight purple hue to it with small amount of gold and silver metal in it.
boy is it bright on a sunny day and areas with contour kinda almost "flip".
get with your local paint shop but have them paint it on a chunk of body metal
for you and look at it in the sun. i cant show it off unless it is in the
sun, huge difference!.  i have puter pictures but they dont do it justice. i also
still have about a 1 foot square of a junk hood painted with it.in my shop
under regular lights it just looks like stock red.  hope to get it together this
winter , but i work slow these days.  regards, tim colson (yup photos
avilable)