<VV> Red Color options

RKAT edbaloo@verizon.net
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:41:53 -0500

Would you be talking about a 'candy red'? Candy colors, such as Candy
apple red, are usually sprayed with a silver base, a semi transparent
red than the clear. It gives a very cool look. I've done it before, like
mentioned, very easy as all you are doing is applying a couple extra
coats.

Ron Tinkham

http://www.ronsjeepjunk.4t.com/

Pine Tree Corvairs (in the works)

66 Corsa Convertible, 140, 4sp

Maine

one more comment on your choice of reds, kind of--when you pick a red,
may I
suggest doing a base coat of silver or bright white (I prefer the
silver)
before laying down the red.  The silver makes the red really "pop" and
seem
much richer.  try some on a junk panel and see.  very little extra
effort
and a discernable difference in the result, IMHO. bob mc