<VV> RE: [fastvair] main bearing question

Adrian Capriotti adrian@capriotti.co.uk
Sat, 18 Dec 2004 20:00:32 -0000

I cannot speak for the vair machine shops but VW bearings are available
in multiple overbore/grind sizes.

From:
sentto-107546-36161-1103393370-adrian=capriotti.co.uk@returns.groups.yah
oo.com
[mailto:sentto-107546-36161-1103393370-adrian=capriotti.co.uk@returns.gr
oups.yahoo.com] On Behalf Of bobhelt@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, December 18, 2004 6:09 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Cc: fastvair@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [fastvair] main bearing question

Hi everybody,
Well this is a new one on me. Has anybody ever heard of Corvair main
bearings
being made/sold that had a 0.020 inch versize OD to compensate for line
boring? I always thought line boring included removal of material at the
case
halves mating surfact to compensate.
Amybody got any experience with this larger OD, or is this a mistake?
Regards,
Bob Helt

ebay description..................
A new Monmouth main bearing set for your 60-69 Corvair, ready to
install,
with .010 undersize crank journals and .020 oversize OD to allow for
line boring.

or selling a car.  FREE Quotes, 3600 Tours, Research,
Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used
http://us.click.yahoo.com/kEZsdA/bwnGAA/YiGOAA/EHYslB/TM